Apple earlier today releases their iOS 11.2 update. This update welcomes several new notable features and important bug fixes.
Talking about new features, iOS 11.2 introduces Apply Pay Cash, a mobile payment feature that allows iOS users to send and receive cash from directly within the Messages app.
In addition, the update introduces a long-awaited feature that iPhone 8 and iPhone X users have been wanting: faster wireless charging. The iOS 11.2 update brings support for faster 7.5W wireless charging for the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X. While you may not notice drastic charging changes in this update, it will help speed things up a little bit when you’re charging your device.
Aside from those two features, here’s the full iOS 11.2 release notes:
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
- Improves video camera stabilization
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
- Improves stability in Calendar
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications