The Dell XPS 13 comes packed with a lot under the hood. With an Intel 8th-generation CPUs and a speedy PCIe–NVMe SSDs, the XPS 13 laptop has a lot to offer to a wide range of consumers. Whether you’re looking for everyday use or are looking for a laptop that can do some heavy lifting, the Dell XPS 13 performance is incredible. On top of that, you get a very thin design as well as a new cooling system.
Dell XPS 13 comes with Thunderbolt 3 ports on the outside so that you can connect eGPUs and other peripherals to the laptop and boost your performance. While the new model is well put together, we still recommend the slightly-older XPS 13 9360, comes with the same 8th-generation Intel Core CPU options, but will be a little thicker and not have the new cooling system. While thicker, it does come with a full suite of ports, including a USB Type-A connector and two-hours of addition coverage.
Pros – Dell XPS 13
- Strong level of performance
- Vibrant and excellent screen
- Sleek and attractive design
- Great overall battery life
- Runs cool with the new cooling system
Cons – Dell XPS 13
- New webcam can still use improvements
- No USB Type-A Ports
Dell‘s new XPS 13 comes with some of the best improvements of any laptop recently, which is one of the of the reasons why it remains a favorite laptop among consumers.
The new generation design comes with slimmer dimensions and a beautiful white-and-gold color scheme. Aside from that, other improvements in the XPS 13 9370 (starts at $999, with upgrades at $1,249 and $2,499) offer the optional 4K display, a better webcam, support for eGPUs and a new cooling system that promises to deliver stronger performance.
One of the downsides of these improvements is that Dell opted to put a smaller battery and deleted the USB Type-A ports. Fear not though, the older XPS 13 9360 is still for sale, powered by the same Intel 8th-gen CPUs, and provides things missing on the newer model.
So What Are The Specs?
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U
- OS: Windows 10
- RAM: 8GB
- RAM Upgradable to: 16GB
- Hard Drive Option: 256GB SSD
- Hard Drive Type: SSD
- Display Size: 13.3
- Resolution Available (Highest): 3840 x 2160
- Native Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Optical Drive: N/A
- Graphics Card: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Video Memory: Shared
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Model: Killer 1535 Wireless AC 2×2
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1
- Touchpad Size: 4.1 x 2.3 inches
- Ports (excl. USB): Headphone, Thunderbolt 3, and Noble Lock
- USB Ports: 2
- Warranty/Support Provided: Yes, one-year
- Size: 11.98 x 7.88 x 0.46 inches
- Weight: 2.65 pounds
- Dell‘s Website: https://www.dell.com