As production of the iPad ramps up, there are bound to be some leaks that get revealed before the official announcement, as what happens every year. Today, Australian repair shop MacFixit recently published photos of the upcoming iPad 5.
The iPad Mini featured a much thinner bezel look which made it even more attractive. For this year, rumor has it that Apple is looking to introduce that same feature with in their bigger iPad. As you can see from the photos, that is exactly what’s being shown.
Here is what the website says on the iPad 5 Screen/Digitizer:
– The display area is the same as the iPad Retina.
– The edges of the frame are narrower using the same style as the iPad mini.
– The ITO (Indium tin oxide) is the same as the iPad mini.
– There are now 2 connectors instead of 1.
– The connectors have been changed from FFC (Flat Flexible Cable, like the iPad 2/3/4) to FPC (Flexible Printed Circuits, like the iPhone 4/5).
Apple is rumored to to launch a host of new devices this fall, perhaps a September/October date, as per previous year dates. The company may also be releasing a Retina version of the iPad Mini, as well as their next version of the iPhone.
Here are the leaked photos, have a look: