If you have an Apple Watch and are an avid WhatsApp user (we are!), then you might want to have the convenience of using WhatsApp directly from your Apple Watch. You already have iMessages that go to your Watch, so what about bringing WhatsApp on your Apple Watch?
While there’s support for WhatsApp’s official apps on iOS devices, Android, Windows Phone, and even Macs and Windows PC, but what about your Apple Watch? Unfortunately, there’s no official support for WhatsApp on your Apple Watch. In this guide, you will be shown step-by-step instructions on how to get your WhatsApp on your Apple Watch.
If you want to have WhatsApp functionality on your Apple Watch, you need to know about Chatify by Ivan Aguirre. Through this neat application, you can send and receive WhatsApp messages, listen to voice messages, view images in your chats, get alerts when contacts are writing back, and much more. Chatify beings a lot of features to the table, so you’re definitely missing out.
How to Install WhatsApp on your Apple Watch
Before you begin setting up Chatify on your Apple Watch, you need to have your Apple Watch paired with your iPhone and on the latest firmware. Once you’ve done these steps, here are the steps to get WhatsApp on your Apple Watch:
- You must download Chatify for WhatsApp from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Proceed to launching Chatify on your Apple Watch and will be given a QR code to scan so you can use WhatsApp.
- You must now open WhatsApp on your iPhone and click on the Settings tab at the bottom of your screen.
- Then select the WhatsApp Web/Desktop option. If you’re prompted, select the option to Scan QR Code, and then click OK. Got it.
- Through your iPhone’s camera, you use WhatsApp to scan the QR code that’s displayed on your watch by Chatify.
- After you have done all the previous steps, you should begin seeing WhatsApp messages populating on your Apple Watch. You now have the ability to use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch.
There’s an option for Chatify Premium…
If you really like Chatify after using it for a while, you can pay a one-time fee of $4.99 to the developer behind Chatify and unlock all the features in the Chatify app. The free version of Chatify has plenty of features, the premium version also offers quite a bit, such as faster download speeds for in-message media like videos and photos.
We tell you all that is true. You can form your own view from what you read.
Hamza Khalid is the Lead Editor at The Jolt Journal. You're more than welcome to follow him on Twitter and follow us The Jolt Journal on Twitter and Facebook. If you have any questions, concerns, or need to report something in this article, please send Hamza Khalid an email at [email protected] This story may be updated at any time if new information surfaces.
At The Jolt Journal, no one tells us what to write or how to write it. This is why, in the era of lies and bias, readers turn to an independent source. Rest assured, all information on our website is free of any bias or influence. If you see anything wrong with a story, please don't hesitate to reach out. We do our very best to report on the latest available information.